I think I can speak for all the girls out there who either have a really good eyelash day, or a day when it looks like you have about 4 eyelashes. Today I'm going to share some tips on how I apply my mascara that helps me, so hopefully it'll help most of you.
1) Make sure your eyelashes are free of any old mascara that might've not been taken off the night before. Then curl your lashes before you apply mascara, if you do it after it can make your lashes look hard and the mascara crumble.
2) Take any old mascara that doesn't have much product left, and use it as sort of like a primer. I find using old mascaras helps my current mascara go on better and keeps my eyelashes separated.
3) Choose your favourite mascara, look down into your mirror with your head tilted forward slightly, I find this helps to avoid getting mascara on my eyelid and I can see what I'm doing better. I like to start in the middle, then work my way out and get to as close to the root as possible then swipe the brush up. Whilst doing this, I roll the brush away from my face, as if I'm combing my eyelashes upwards. When it comes to my inner lashes, I use the tip of the brush to avoid clumpy lashes.
My current favourite mascaras to use!
|Rimmel London Wonder'full Mascara|
|Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara|
4) If you want a natural look I find doing 1 layer of mascara is fine, however if you like your lashes to stand out like me then I suggest doing a 2nd layer. Don't wait for the first layer to dry as it will be harder to build up.
5) Once you've finished coating your lashes, use some old tweezers and go in between any lashes that are stuck together to separate them, it's best to do this when the mascara is still wet.
|I keep spare tweezers to use for my eyelashes only|
And that's all there is to it!